Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My wonderful Students

Last Saturday I taught the first part of my Bake At 60 Degrees class to a new group of seven ladies at The Patchwork Angel  They did so well and we all had a great time, and they said they would be back next Saturday for the rest of the class, so I did not frighten them too much.

We do cover individual blocks that have a shape,either triangle, diamond or trapezoid, based on the 60 degree ruler, ending with a block that has all 3 shapes in it. Students also learn how to change the size of all these shapes to suit their need or design idea, giving them unlimited options in their quiltmaking.

Here are some of the girls getting to know each other



The class requirements for fabric are to bring about half a metre of 4 fabrics, anything will do as long as there is a difference in value.  We  can't help ourselves sometimes and just have to have it looking nice even for making sample blocks. 



Debbie's pinks and greens
 


Barb H, creams, greens and red


Christine is using Batiks

Corrie has a lovely selection of blue greens 



 
Barb N using purples, because the blues are too precious.

 Cindy had the scrappy theme happening,  the blocks  looked fabulous


These lovely tans belong to Sandra
 
In this class I have 2 Barbs, last class, I had 3 Judy's, thanks girls for making it easy for me to get everyone names learned quickly.  I wonder who will be in my next classes.  The Patchwork Angel has a new class list out with dates for my classes,  and other projects from talented tutors, go check it out, we would love to see you.  The class list doesn't say it but the Wonky Stars class is with me.  I made mine with Christmas fabrics but this quilt is great for any fabric.

 I am so looking forward to seeing the girls complete the next class and go on to make some beautiful quilts.

So Sew on ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment