Monday, November 11, 2013


So this is some things I have been up to lately,

One of my clients, Joy, has a lot of candlewick pieces but already has a large candlewick quilt, so I am gradually turning them into cushions for her to give away as Christmas gifts for friends.  They are all lovely pieces.

Hubby and I went to a Melbourne Cup function at the local Racetrack.  These are my losing race and raffle tickets.  I did though have a couple of wins through the day and ended the day "in front".   It was a great day out with Hubby with the bonus of getting all dressed up for the fun.

This quilt belongs to Val B made for her daughter.  This is a large fun quilt with a very striking but simply pieced border. Val asked me to bind this one for her this time, there is 10.2m of binding on this quilt. whew all done and returned to Val in time for her daughters visit.

This one belongs to Sherida, a very lovely lady who does beautiful work.  This quilt is a mix of embroidery and applique.  We used wool wadding to add lots of texture to the applique.  All done and looking  beautiful.

This is part of the embroidery on Sherida's quilt.  Those French knots are very tiny. stunning.

We had a family lunch for my daughters birthday, this is dessert.  The cake was my second attempt.  The first cake turned out perfectly until I made a drizzle sauce with salt and not sugar and had to throw the whole cake out.  The ice cream is homemade also.  The dessert was a perfect end to a great family lunch.

 My daughter also had some friends over for her birthday, earlier than the family one,  on Halloween.  So dessert for the girls had to be something spooky.  I filled new and very clean flower pots with lime ice cream, sat a toy skeleton inside then topped with ground up oreo biscuits.  The girls were very happy with the graves. They then got all dressed up and went trick or treating and had a ball.

A couple of our Halloween decorations.  Yes the hand has fallen off but was fixed in time for the kids coming around

And finally some fabric getting cut up for a quilt I plan to teach in the new year.  It is coming together nicely and am very happy with the colours. I have used two Jelly Rolls from Moda, Happy Go Lucky and Summer House.
Off to the couch to stitch some hexagons together
take care

No comments:

Post a Comment