Last Friday week I worked my last day at The Patchwork Angel. I have worked there for the last 5 years and have loved it. BUT.... my family need me and I need them. I am still quilting for people, so don't panic girls. I have basically been working 2 jobs for the last 4 years and just can't do it anymore, neither can my kids and husband. So on the last school holidays we decided that my time at the shop will come to an end.
It was a sad time but I also knew this is right for my family. I started to say goodbye to regular customers, but knew I would still see them again, they were very supportive, sad and happy for me. Thank you everyone.
While working at the shop I have had many wonderful experiences, learnt a ton of stuff about quilting, people and this industry and meet some very amazing people.
I will miss :
- the girls I have worked with for the past 5 years
- my UFO girls I have spent thursdays helping for the past 4 years
- all the customers I have helped and meet
- sharing the happy and sad moments in quilters lives that their quilts have been made for
- the new quilters that don't know just how much this is going to be apart of them and their lives
- the excitment, joy and the "I made this" look of quilters bringing in their quilts finished
- opening boxes from suppliers full of fabric, maybe the girls will let me open one in sympathy
- working saturdays
- Block of the Month paperwork. Love sending them out, just not the paperwork.
- cold floors in the church during winter, my toes get very cold and don't thaw out
- my kids achievements
- the kids happy and sad times
- weekends with the my family
At first I thought I might get a chance to quilt some of my own quilts, but this week I don't think so now...
Anyway, thank you everyone for helping find out what I want to do when I grow up.