Thursday, May 31, 2012

Homework is done,

I am off to Toowoomba this weekend for my classes with Sue Ross at  Precious Times shop.  This is a beautiful shop, staff and town, you must visit. Lisa has a lovely blog also with pictures to admire.

So this is part of my homework for class completed.  It was not mandatory but I certainly needed to get this quilt to this stage for myself.

I have had to applique the circles to the backgrounds, then applique all the scallops on each block.  Each block has 4 scallops and there is 9 blocks, that makes 36 I had to do.  The past couple of nights I have sewn the sashings and blocks together and got the last of it done last night.

The pictures look washed out, it is very overcast here with no chance of changing in the next few days.


The next step is applique borders, they have a vine, flowers and leaves. Yay more applique, more poor fingers.....
My other homework that will be checked up on, is not completed.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that's a lot of hand sewing. I hope your fingers have survived so you can make the most of the weekend. Hope you have lots of fun. The quilt top looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, fabulous quilt. The value changes make each block look so different, and I love the sashings. Well done, can't wait to see the borders, but will just have to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful quilt Fiona, can't wait to see it quilted. Hope you enjoy your weekend break.

    ReplyDelete