Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Finishes 26th Feb

Hi everyone

I have managed to get some more projects finished or worked on a bit more.

 
This is my St Louis Schmidt.  The 36 patch blocks are leftovers from the Scrappy trip Around the World, I then added the Hourglass blocks as alternate blocks to make a decent size quilt.  I quilted a spiral circle in the alternate blocks and a simple  continuous curve in the 36 patch, then a scrappy binding. I am really happy with it


 This one I showed last time I think, quilted, so now I have it bound and on my bed, very happy to have this finally finished and using it


Here is the quilting, Baptist Fans, love them.

 
Four blocks done on the Quilt Block Sampler by Lori Smith, about 80 more to go.  These finish at  71/2" and as you can hopefully see, some have lots and lots of pieces.  I am having fun making them.  I need to cut some more blocks now so I can keep going.


 I got more of these diamond units made up, some of these pictured are from earlier, but some I did make have been already been sewn into the quilt top,

 
Here is the top so far, it is wide, I like large quilts, ones big enough to cover people.  Right now it is about half the length I want.  I also need to fill in the holes to make the quilt edges as straight as I can..
 
How did you go getting projects finished?????

1 comment:

  1. That hexy quilt is coming along nicely Fiona, you might get to use it next winter!

    ReplyDelete