Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stash Report




Over the past year I have noticed bloggers doing Stash Reports each week. While I had thought that was a great idea, I was not sure if I could do it myself. But in the spirit of the New Year and being good, cause dieting is not something I make as a resolution at all.

The Bloggers seem to start each year fresh and this is great, they do not count what is in the cupboard already, cause that is just a scary thought to try and count what is already here.


Well I have decided to start being accountable for my purchases and try and use what I have (but still buy more fabric, as if I could stop myself). I do buy alot of Moda Precuts and these are what I would like to use, but as I also work in at The Patchwork Angel fabric seems to follow me home. Because I am a Longarm quilter and buy Backing fabrics these will not be counted in or out if I use them on my own quilts.

So to start I have bought some French General precuts and a bolt of fabric. I have also bought several striped fabrics for a project I am working on with Sue Ross at Precious Times in Toowoomba. I also got some meterage of French General for borders and some Owl farbic that I missed out on last time we got it in at the shop.



Purchased
Fat Quarter Bundles - 2
Layer cakes - 4
Jelly Roll - 1
Fabric - 11.2m

Used Year to date - 0

Total Busted - A BIG FAT ZERO

I think I just posted this - sorry-

Edited to added in piccies




Hoping to get some fabric busted soon. Does it count if my daughter uses it also????
Later this afternoon Flick has decided to make a quilt for her new cousin Kitson.
This may be a long term project for her (and me)

Fiona

1 comment:

  1. Oooo awesome! Tell Flick I promise not to tell Kitson. She loves surprises :P

    Good on ya for reporting on your purchases. It's a great idea. Maybe I should do that with my glass. I wouldn't report on what I've got already in my boxes too.... that would be insane. We must compare stashes one day :P

    ReplyDelete